Orlando Marriage and Fiancee Visa Lawyer

Marriage Based Petition

A U.S. citizen can petition for their foreign spouse while the foreign spouse is in the United States or abroad.  

A foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen must meet certain requirements to obtain a green card:

  • The petitioning spouse must be a U.S. Citizen;

  • The U.S. Citizen must be legally married to their foreign spouse;

  • The marriage must be bona fide; and

  • The foreign spouse must be admissible to the U.S.

Once approved, the foreign spouse will receive either a conditional green card or a permanent green card.  If the U.S. Citizen petitioner and foreign spouse were married less than two years at the time they filed for the green card, the foreign spouse will receive a conditional green card. If the U.S. Citizen petitioner and foreign spouse were married more than two years at the time they filed for the green card, the foreign spouse will receive a permanent green card.

Please note that if you obtained a conditional green card, you must file for your permanent green card within 90 days of your conditional green card expiring or you can fall out of status.  

Fiancee Visa

A fiance visa allows a the foreign individual to travel to the United States and marry the petitioning U.S. Citizen within 90 days of arrival.  Once married, the foreign spouse can apply for permanent residency status in the United States.

The requirements for a Fiancee Visa are:

  • Petitioner must be a U.S. Citizen;

  • Both petitioner and fiancée must be free to legally get married;

  • Petitioner and fiancée must have met within two (2) years of the application;

  • Meet the minimum financial requirements; and

  • Marriage must occur within 90 days of your fiancée arriving in the United States.


We know that the process can be long, stressful and overwhelming.  We work closely with our clients explaining the process and going through each step with them to ensure a successful result and quality legal representation.  At Alcalde Legal we prepare all the forms necessary for the application, prepare the petitioner and foreign national for their visa interview and provide representation at the interview with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. 

Contact Our Marriage Petition and Fiance Visa Attorney Today!​

If you have any questions regarding marriage petitions or fiance visa, don't hesitate to call us at 407-801-9230 or fill out the form below to schedule your appointment.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. 

Contact Alcalde Legal

120 E. Robinson Street

Orlando, Florida 32801



Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Connect with Alcalde Legal

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram - Grey Circle
  • LinkedIn Social Icon

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. 

This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. 

© 2018 by Alcalde Legal